A Warm Welcome to the Webpage for Apple Class!
We are a Key Stage One class made up of 18 year one and two children.
Our Class Teachers are Mrs. Underwood (Monday- Wednesday) and Mrs. Corbett (Thursday and Friday). Our Teaching Assistant is Mrs.Shuard.
Some Important Information:
- We have weekly spelling tests which are linked to our phonic sessions each week. Spelling tests are on Monday mornings, with new spellings being handed out on this day too. You can see a term overview for Year 2 below. Please practise these in the handwriting book provided- try cursive! An example of how we write our letters is also seen below.
- Reading is REALLY important. Please try to read with your child as often as you can. We will check and change books as often as we can. Please see examples of suggested texts you can enjoy with your child in a link below.
- Forest school is with Mrs. Davis every Tuesday-please make sure you have forest school kit and wellies in school at all times.
- PE is every Thursday- please ensure you have suitable kit in school at all times.
- Each term we have a learning log focus, children will have the whole term to complete the task- please see instructions below.
At the bottom of this page you will find some useful documents explaining how you can support your child's learning and recommended books for your child's age group. Thank you for your support. Enjoy scrolling through our topic webs and blogs!
Autumn Term 2019- Farm to Fork Topic Web and Learning Log
Year 2 Spelling lists Autumn Term 1
Our Cursive Handwriting
Summer Term 2- Home Is Where The Heart Is
Summer Term 1- Perfect Pets and Amazing Animals
Spring Term 2019- Once Upon a Time Topic Web
Science Week- Learning more about our body. Today a nurse visited us so we could ask questions about blood and the heart. Miss Yates showed us what blood is made of.
Gingerbread Man Mystery - today we made gingerbread men and wrote instructions on how to decorate them. One of our gingerbread men escaped from the oven!
Letters inviting VIPs to our Grand Royal Ball - will the Queen be impressed by our beautiful handwriting?
Autumn Term September 2018: What to look forward to!
Trip to John Moore Museum-we learnt so much about what life was life during the time of The Great Fire of London. We loved exploring the house in particular.
The Day the 'Great Fire' came to Elmley!
London's Burning! Learning to play a simple tune on the recorder.
Investigating a crime scene, right here in Elmley school! Class 1 and 2 detectives are on the case, gathering evidence. We have our suspicions!
Learning yoga poses- we're getting used to the tree!
Investigating Materials and their Properties
Testing the absorbency of different materials. Using a pipette is quite a skill, especially when we are being so careful to make our test fair!
Remember, Remember 5th November
Guy Fawkes fire safety assembly, Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture percussion lesson and firework chalk art. BOOM!
Great Fire of London
We made silhouette glass lanterns and used hot colours of glass paint to creat the burning effect.
What happened and how do we know? Finding out all about Samuel Pepys and his diary...and why on earth did he bury wine and cheese?
Lots of exploring number this term.
Class 2 - Summer Term 2
' Mini Beasts'
Class 2 - Summer Term 1
Class 2 - Spring Term 2
Class 2 - Spring Term 1
Class 2 - Autumn Term 2
'Pole to Pole'.
Class 2 - Autumn Term 1
'We are practically perfect in every way'.
Supporting your child's reading -Year 2
Times Table Support