Welcome to Elmley Castle First School PTA
Elmley Castle First school PTA has been fundraising and supporting the school for many years. We are a friendly, and approachable group of parent/carer volunteers. We are a thriving school, always looking for new parents and carers to join the PTA team.
If you feel you would like to get involved in any way, please get in touch with us at the email address below
What the PTA does
The main function of our PTA is to support the school by raising as much money as we can to enhance, enrich and improve learning experiences for the children.
We also exist to bring the communities of school and home closer together because it makes sense for parents to be involved in the life of their chosen school.
We are always looking for new fundraising ideas and opportunities, but usually raise money through fun events and initiatives:
- Summer Fayre
- Bake Sales
- 50p Friday
- Spooky Discos
- Easter Bingo
- Christmas Hampers and Wreaths
- And lots more…………………..
If you have any other ideas we would love to hear them, please get involved and let us know.
Aims & objectives of the PTA
- To raise funds to help the school provide extra resources for the children by bringing together parents and teachers and working towards a common goal.
- To run social events for children and parents; providing an opportunity for people to get to know each other, and importantly, have fun!
- To encourage parents to become more involved in their children’s school and develop strong links between families and our school.
- To provide support for school events and other occasions.
The PTA spends it’s money to enrich the children’s education
Over the years we have had the pleasure of purchasing and contributing to those ‘little extras’ that make the school memorable for the children. Such as:
- Contributing to the reception and year 1 outside play area,
- Funding drama workshops,
- Purchasing the overhead projector and new reading books for all year groups.
- Sometimes we hold free events to say thank you for supporting us.
- Funding school coaches for school trips
Ways the PTA help the school
- Providing refreshments at a variety of events, including sports days
- Providing leaving gifts for year 5’s
- Supporting funds to enable the school to run forest school and wrap around care.
PTA Committee other members and helpers
Co -Chair – Emma Hughes and Nikki Thornton
Treasurer – Wendy Spragg
Other members – Jenny Benyon, Gemma Bailey, Pollyanne Andrews, Gemma Roberts, Claire Dent, Vicky Ifandi
Staff representative - Nadia Underwood/Tori Meredith
If you have any questions, you can talk to any PTA Committee member or email us at [email protected] .