Welcome to Class Three's Webpage!
We are a Key Stage Two class made up of 17 wonderful Year Three, Four and Five children.
Our Class Teacher is Mrs.Underwood.
Some Important Information:
- We have new spellings each term and are taught a spelling rule to practise at home every Monday. We are tested on these words every Friday and our results are recorded in our reading record,
- Reading records are checked every Tuesday, we ask that a parent or guardian listens to us read and signs our record at least once a week. Mrs. Underwood would ideally like you to read at least 3 times a week at home for about 20 mins each time. details.
- Times tables are tested every Wednesday and the children's results sheets are taken home each week with a target for improvement.
- Forest school is with Mrs.Davies every Wednesday-please make sure you have forest school kit and wellies in school at all times.
- PE is every Thursday- please ensure you have suitable kit in school at all times.
- Homework is set each Friday and will alternate between maths, English and topic. It should be returned by the following Wednesday.
- Each term we have a learning log focus for the whole term,
At the bottom of this page you will find some useful documents explaining how you can support your child's learning in class, recommended books for your child's age group and and links to the latest spelling lists:
Summer Term: Ocean Deep, Mountain High
A sneaky peak of what lies ahead this term!
Save Our Oceans
Learning about data by playing World Cup football top trumps
SAS taste testing to survive on Kensuke’s island. Can we follow and improve upon these instructions?
Spring Term: 'Victoriana'
As well as a fantastic trip to the Gloucester Life Museum, we learnt all about Victorian inventions. daily life, the royal family and crime and punishment in those days!
Autumn Term: 'Stars and Stripes'
Stars and stripes was an intergalactic learning journey studying our solar system and beyond. We also took a deeper look at our own very special planet Earth.
To start our 'Stars and Stripes' topic we made papier-mâché models of the planets in our solar system!
Look at our amazing learning logs!
Halloween maths: addition and subtraction spiders!
Before half term we had a maths professor visit who showed us how magical maths can be!
In English we are learning about calligrams.
PGL was amazing! What fantastic fun we had; we conquered our fears and worked together to face the challenges set.
Spelling Lists for this term Year 3/4 and Year 5
Recommended Reading Lists
Guidance on how to support your child's reading
Guidance on how to support your child in learning their times tables